Centers for Family Health
Patient Centered Medical Home
A patient centered medical home (PCMH) is a system of care in which a team of health professionals work together to provide all of your healthcare needs. We use a team approach to communicate and coordinate your care and provide the best possible outcomes for you. You, the patient, are the most important part of a patient centered medical home. When you take an active role in your health and work closely with us, you can be sure that you are getting the care that you need.
Watch This Short Video and Learn More About PCMH
How Does a PCMH Benefit You?
The goal of PCMH is to treat patients with evidence-based quality care that helps to keep them well, treat acute problems, and/or manage chronic illnesses in all stages of life.
We provide accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, and compassionate care. You can communicate with your care team by phone, get an appointment quickly, even on the same day when needed.
We listen to your questions and concerns and explain disease, treatment, and results in an easy to understand way. We know about your personal and family situation to suggest treatment options that make sense to you.
We coordinate your care sending you to trusted specialists, setting up appointments, and making sure specialists have all the information they need. We use technology such as electronic health records and share records to help prevent medical errors.
Your Responsibilities in a PCMH Are:
- To ask questions and be active in your care.
- To provide your health history, and other important information, including any changes in your health.
- To inform us whenever you utilize any other health system such as the emergency room or a self-referral to a specialist.
- To inform us who your primary care provider is and authorize us to share the information from the visit.
- To have a clear understanding about your treatment goals and future health goals.
- Urgent Care
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Pain Management
- Adult and Pediatric Allergy
- General Surgery
- Free Pregnancy Testing
- Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program
- Delivery at Community Memorial Hospital by a Board Certified OB/GYN
- Perinatologists on Staff
- Breast Feeding Resource Center
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Headache, Orofacial Pain Management & Dental Sleep Medicine
- Diabetic Education
- Laboratory & Basic X-ray
- Industrial Health Program
- Bilingual Doctors & Staff
Not all services are available at all locations.
For more information call 805/585-3090.