The Cancer Resource Center
Nurse Navigator Program
What is a Nurse Navigator?
When you or your family member has a diagnosis of cancer, it can be devastating. The array of decisions, medical specialists and unfamiliar language and procedures can be overwhelming. That’s why the Cancer Program at Community Memorial Hospital has created the Nurse Navigator Program. We understand the anxiety and uncertainty that comes with a diagnosis of cancer. Specially trained and experienced in oncology care, our nurse navigator will be your compassionate guide available to support you through each step of the diagnosis and treatment. During each phase of care, your nurse navigator will be there: providing education, gathering information, coordinating treatment and communicating with your medical team. The nurse navigator will be there for support to help you focus on healing.
Your Nurse Navigator Can
- Help you and your family understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Provide education and information that you need to actively participate in your own care and make informed decisions
- Coordinate your care with your medical team, organizing treatment services and scheduling appointments
- Advocate for you and act as a liaison between you and your medical team, to make sure your questions and concerns are addressed
- Provide referrals to community resources for assistance with transportation, home care and other needs
- Assist with financial guidance: assist with dealing with health insurance and referrals to financial counselors
For more information or to contact our
nurse navigator, please call 805/652-5459
Mon - Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.