Mended Hearts is a National Non-profit organization affiliated with the American Heart Association and has been offering the gift of hope to the heart disease patients.
The purpose of this organization is to give help and offer encouragement to others who are faced with, or have had heart surgery, and to achieve this objective in the following matter:
- To visit with physician approval, and offer encouragement to heart disease patients and their families.
- To distribute information of specific educational value to members of The Mended Hearts, Inc. and heart disease patients and their families.
- To establish and maintain a program of assistance to physicians, nurses, medical professionals and health care organizations in their work with heart disease patients and their families.
- To cooperate with other organizations in education and research activities pertaining to heart disease.
- To establish and assist established heart diseased rehabilitation programs for members and their families, and
- To plan and conduct suitable programs of social and educational interest for members and for heart disease patients and their families.
Mended Hearts meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7-9pm, please contact Dick Hiser, President at 805/646-4636
And visit Mended Hearts at www.mendedhearts.org for more information.