Joint Replacement Education Class
Back to General Health
Classes & Support GroupsA FREE class presented by surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists,
registered nurses, and nutritionists for patients who are planning to have hip or knee
replacement, and their family and/or caregivers.
|Date:||2nd Tuesday of the Month|
|Time:||2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Community Memorial Hospital, 8th Floor|
|Register:||Please call 805/652-5063|
Questions that will be addressed:
- What actually happens during my surgery?
- What does the prosthesis that will be placed inside my body look and feel like?
- How much pain will I be in, and how is it relieved?
- How will my mobility be affected, and what's the general therapy process?
- What's a CPM (for those getting a knee replaced)?
- How can I best set up my home now, so life is easier when I get back from the hospital?
- What type of equipment will I most likely need?
- How can I tie my shoes, feed the dog, put my pants on, get in a car, etc.
now I’ll at I can't bend down for awhile (especially for hip replacements)?
- How long until I start to feel good?
- Are there any precautions from the surgery, and what do these really mean for my
every day life/activities?
- What healthy foods should I be eating to help speed up my recovery and
my overall health and well being?