News Releases / 2008
CMHS symposium on Oct. 18 to focus on cancer
Ventura, California, 09/16/2008
Learn more about prevention, the early detection and how to reduce the risk of cancer at a free symposium that Community Memorial Health System is holding on Saturday, Oct. 18, at the Ventura Beach Marriott.
"Staying Cancer Free" will run from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., and will feature local board-certified physicians speaking on the following topics:
- Exercise and nutrition, by Ann Kelley, M.D.;
- Tobacco and cancer, by Thomas Brugman, M.D.;
- Skin cancer detection and prevention, by Samuel Bern, M.D.;
- Screening for cervical cancer and HPV, by Lois Barnes, M.D.;
- Colon cancer screening, by Benito Pedraza, M.D.;
- Prostate cancer detection, by Thomas Fogel, M.D.
Men and Women of all ages are encouraged to attend who have concerns about early detection and prevention of cancer. Anyone with a family history of cancer, or has been diagnosed with or is being treated for cancer, as well as spouses, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
The symposium is co-sponsored by the American Cancer Society and The Cancer Support Community of Valley/Ventura. The Ventura Beach Marriott is located at 2055 Harbor Boulevard in Ventura.
Space is limited, so reservations are suggested. Call 652-5385, or visit www.cmhshealth.org/rsvp.