News Releases / 2008
CMHS Announces New VP of Quality Management
Ventura, California, 09/19/2008
Community Memorial Health System has hired Cynthia A. DeMotte as its Vice President of Quality Management.
DeMotte comes to CMHS after serving the past 12 years as Vice President and Director of Quality Management at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center in Thousand Oaks. Previously, DeMotte was Director of Nutritional Services at Los Robles from 1993 to 1996 and served as clinical dietitian for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in West Los Angeles from 1986 to 1992.
In her new post, DeMotte will:
- Provide expertise, leadership, modeling and support for system-wide performance improvement, patient safety and service excellence initiatives;
- Collaborate with CMHS's Vice President of Medical Affairs and Medical Director of Quality to improve quality and safety and assists with deployment of relevant strategic initiatives;
- Provide oversight and direction for DNV and Licensing Survey readiness and response;
- Serve as key support staff for the Quality Committee of the Board;
- Participate in strategic planning for the system.
DeMotte received her bachelor's degree in dietetics and nutrition in 1983 from California State University at Northridge and her master's degree at UCLA's School of Public Health, Nutritional Science in 1986. She is a certified professional in healthcare quality and a member of the Hospital Association of Southern California, Hospital Quality Committee.