News Releases / 2010
FREE CMHS Symposium on Oct. 9 to Focus on Cancer
Ventura California, 09/21/2010
Learn more about the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of cancer at a free symposium Community Memorial Health System is holding on Saturday, Oct. 9, at the Ventura Beach Marriott.
“How the Environment Impacts Cancer” will run from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., and will feature local expert physicians speaking on the following topics:
- Diet and personal habits, by Ann Kelley, M.D.
- Risk factors for genitourinary tract cancers, by Seyed Khoddami, M.D.
- Cancer risk, genes and smoking, by Rosemary McIntyre, M.D.
- Sun exposure, tanning booths and skin cancer, by Samuel Bern, M.D.
- The role of ethnicity in cancer, by Kevin Chang, M.D.
- Preventing head and neck cancer, by Edgar Lueg, M.D.
- Does hormonal replacement therapy increase your risk of cancer?, by Thomas Fogel, M.D.
The symposium is co-sponsored by the American Cancer Society, the Breast Center at Community Memorial Hospital, Grossman Imaging Center, The Cancer Support Community of Valley/Ventura, Cabrillo Radiation Oncology Center, Abbott Nutrition, Your Health Connection and KVTA radio.
The Ventura Beach Marriott is located at 2055 Harbor Boulevard in Ventura.
Space is limited, and reservations are required. Call 805/652-5385, or visit www.cmhshealth.org/rsvp