News Releases / 2011
CMHS 5th annual Symposium to Focus on Cancers That Affect Women
Ventura, California, 09/28/2011
Learn more about The Cancers that Affect Women at a free symposium Community Memorial Health System is holding on Saturday, Oct. 15, at the Ventura Beach Marriott. Physician presentations on diagnosis, prevention and the latest treatments will be brought together in one event.
Patients, their families, the public, caregivers and medical professionals are encouraged to attend. The symposium begins with registration and light continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m. with the program beginning at 8:00 a.m. through to 1 p.m. Featured topics presented by local expert physicians include:
- Nutrition & Cancer, Cori Tempchin, RD, MPH (Registered Dietitian)
- Women & Lung Cancer, Anne Kelley, M.D. (Hematology-Oncology)
- Breast Cancer, Lynn Kong, M.D. (Hematology-Oncology)
- Breast Reconstruction, Michael Pickart, M.D. (Plastic Surgery)
- HPV – The Story of Virus to Cancer to Prevention, Kevin Chang, M.D. (Hematology-Oncology)
- Ovarian Cancer – The Not so Silent Killer, Anne Rodriguez, M.D. (Gynecology Oncology)
- Overview of Uterine Cancer, W. Michael Hogan, M.D. (Gynecology Oncology
- Resources for Women With Cancer, Jody Giacopuzzi, LCSW (Social Services)
- Including a Question & Answer Expert Panel Discussion.
Co-sponsored by the American Cancer Society, the Breast Center at Community Memorial Hospital, Cabrillo Radiation Oncology Center, Grossman Imaging Center, KVTA radio, Myriad Genetics, Inc., The Cancer Support Community of Valley/Ventura, , and Ventura Hematology Oncology Specialists, this important event also includes exhibit tables for attendees to gather and take home information on a variety of cancer related topics.
The Ventura Beach Marriott is located at 2055 Harbor Boulevard in Ventura. Seating space is limited, and reservations are required. Call 805/652-5385, or visit www.cmhshealth.org/rsvp.
Community Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system, which is comprised of Community Memorial Hospital, Ojai Valley Community Hospital, and ten family-practice health centers entitled the Centers for Family Health. The health system is located in Ventura County, California.