News Releases / 2012
CMHS to hold Navigating the Healthcare System Discussion Group For Cancer Patients and Loved Ones
Ventura, California, 01/16/2012
Cancer patients and their loved ones are invited to learn ways to navigate the healthcare system during a free discussion group the Community Memorial Health System’s Psychosocial Services is holding on Monday, January 23.
Jody Giacopuzzi, a licensed clinical social worker, will facilitate the discussion group that will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in CMH’s Cancer Resource Center, 2900 Loma Vista Road, Suite 105.
This group will cover the following topics:
- Partnering with your doctors to make decisions about your cancer treatment.
- Developing goals for your cancer treatment.
- How to develop a system to help you keep track of your treatments, tests results and appointments.
- How to obtain legal information regarding cancer care/treatment.
- How to apply for financial assistance programs.
- Where to find reliable medical information.
- Where to find emotional support for coping with your cancer.
- Talking with your health care providers about your concerns and preference regarding care.
The discussion group will allow cancer patients to meet with others facing cancer to share and learn from each other.
For more information or to make a reservation, call 805-652-5459.
Community Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system, which is comprised of Community Memorial Hospital, Ojai Valley Community Hospital, and ten family-practice health centers entitled Centers for Family Health. The health system is located in Ventura County, California.