News Releases / 2014
Nursing Homes, Post-Acute Care the Focus of Seminar on March 18
Ventura, California, 03/04/2014
Nursing homes and post-acute care will be the focus of a free seminar Community Memorial Health System is holding on Tuesday, March 18.
Vinod Valiveti, M.D., medical director of the Camarillo Healthcare, Glenwood Care and Victoria Care centers along with Ventura Convalescent Hospital will lead the seminar that will run from 6 to 8 p.m. in the eighth-floor Nichols Auditorium at Community Memorial Hospital, 147 N. Brent St. Exhibit tables will also be available prior to the event.
Other panelists will be Brett Watson, nursing home administrator for Camarillo Healthcare Center; Donna Rodriguez, director of Shoreline Care Center; Joy Delacruz, director of rehabilitation for Ventura Convalescent Hospital; Brenda Seguin, business office manager for Victoria Care Center, and Kathy Terry of the Ventura County Ombudsman Program.
Panelists will discuss:
- Requirements necessary to be placed in a skilled nursing facility
- Short-term placement versus long-term placement
- Interactions with nurses and physicians about care
- Expectations from therapy and criteria for continued coverage
- Payment, insurance and co-payment share of costs
Registration is free but reservations are required. Call 1-800/906-6093 or visit www.cmhshealth.org/rsvp.