News Releases / 2016
CMHS to Hold Prediabetes/Diabetes Management Seminar on April 16
Ventura, California, 03/11/2016
Community Memorial Health System will hold a free prediabetes/diabetes seminar on Saturday, April 16, from 9 a.m. to noon at Community Memorial Hospital, 147 N. Brent St., followed by a series of workshops held during April and May.
The seminar, to be held in CMH’s eighth-floor Nichols Auditorium, will provide information on a variety of topics at the following times:
- 9 a.m. – What is Prediabetes/Diabetes?, presented by Debra Ouyang, M.D., specializing in endocrinology
- 9:30 a.m. – Complications/Prevention, presented by Loquintha Rex, DNP, Nurse Practioner
- 10 a.m. – Metabolic Syndrome, presented by David Lyons, M.D., specializing in internal medicine
- 10:30 a.m. – Expert panel, presented by Drs. Ouyang, Lyons, nurse Practioner’s Rex, Andrea Ricketts and registered dietitian Jennifer Girtsman
- 11 a.m. – Blood sugar screenings and HGBA1c (optional) by CMHS medical residents.
Follow-up, one-hour Wednesday evening prediabetes/diabetes workshops also will be held. They are: What is a Carbohydrate and Label Reading? on April 20; Exercise on April 27; Medications/Self-Management on May 4; and Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstration on May 11.
The workshops will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. in the eighth-floor Nichols Auditorium. A one-time $10 materials fee must be paid prior to the first workshop. The maximum class size is 24.
For reservations and more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CMHS HealthAware program at 805/667-2818.