News Releases / 2016
CMHS to Hold FREE Prediabetes/Diabetes Seminar on April 16
Ventura, California, 04/12/2016
Community Memorial Health System will hold a free prediabetes/diabetes seminar on Saturday, April 16, from 9 a.m. to noon at Community Memorial Hospital, 147 N. Brent St.
The seminar, to be held in CMH’s eighth-floor Nichols Auditorium, will provide information on a variety of topics at the following times:
- 9 a.m. – What is Prediabetes/Diabetes?, presented by Debra Ouyang, M.D., specializing in endocrinology
- 9:30 a.m. – Complications/Prevention, presented by Loquintha Rex, DNP, Nurse Practioner
- 10 a.m. – Metabolic Syndrome, presented by David Lyons, M.D., specializing in internal medicine
- 10:30 a.m. – Expert panel, presented by Drs. Ouyang, Lyons, nurse Practioner’s Rex, Andrea Ricketts and registered dietitian Jennifer Girtsman
- 11 a.m. – Blood sugar screenings and HGBA1c (optional) by CMHS medical residents.
For reservations and more information, email email@example.com or call the CMHS HealthAware program at 805/667-2818.
Community Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system, which is comprised of Community Memorial Hospital, Ojai Valley Community Hospital, along with the Centers for Family Health serving various communities within and located in Ventura County, California.