|Back to Table of Contents
Patient Information -
For Your Stay
What to Bring
- A list of your medications including dosage and times.
If you bring your medication bottles instead of a list, please have a family member or friend take them home.
- A list of your allergies.
- Advance Directives about your healthcare.
- Any forms the doctor gives you to bring.
- Toiletries: toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo, comb, etc.
- Your glasses or contact lenses and supplies.
- Robe, non-skid slippers, and loose fitting clothes.
- Your photo identification, insurance and/or Medicare cards, required forms or deposits.
- Any assistive device (cane, walker, etc.) that you currently use. Please label with your name and address.
What to Leave at Home
- Any electrical appliances, including computers & hair dryers.
- Valuables: please leave all valuables at home. Ojai Valley Community Hospital cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage to your valuables (jewelry, money, etc.).
- Hairspray, gels, mousse, etc. should be avoided prior to surgery.
At Ojai Valley Community Hospital, we believe in each
person's right to make decisions regarding his or her
medical treatment. You have the right to complete an
Advance Directive. This document allows you to put your healthcare wishes in writing, as well as designate someone to make treatment decisions for you should you become unable to make decisions for yourself.
We have formal policies to ensure that your wishes about treatment will be followed. We also have an Ethics Committee that can help if any questions arise about your treatment wishes.
It is your responsibility to provide a copy of your Advance Directive to the hospital so that it can be kept with your records. If you have any questions about your healthcare decisions, please talk with your doctor.
Translation and Interpreting Services
Ojai Valley Community Hospital is pleased to provide translation and interpreting services to assist patients with a language or communication barrier. The following translation and interpreter services are available free of charge.
Face-to-Face Spanish Interpreters
Ojai Valley Community Hospital offers qualified, in-house Spanish interpreters.
Available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, with access to over 200 languages.
Face-to-Face American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters
Available upon advance request.
Video Remote Interpreters (VRI)
Available 24 hours, 7 days a week, at Ojai Valley Community Hospital for several languages, including American Sign Language (ASL).
Teletypewriter (TTY) Lines for Deaf and Hearing Impaired
Available in the lobby of Ojai Valley Community Hospital.
Should you have any questions about these services or concerns, please call the main number of the hospital at 805/646-1401 and ask for the Human Resources Department.