Community Memorial Hospital
Ojai Valley Community Hospital
Grossman Imaging Centers
Noninvasive testing, as the name implies, allows patients to be examined using Doppler ultrasound techniques free of the risks and discomforts of injections and/or other invasive maneuvers. These tests allow diagnosis of known or suspected vascular disorders and testing can often determine the severity of the problems and its need for treatment. A full range of noninvasive tests is available at our Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory including tests for:
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Blockages in the circulation to the arms or legs due to atherosclerosis or other diseases, which may threaten the limbs.
- Doppler arterial exams of the legs or arms (Physiologic testing)
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the extremity arteries
Blockages in the arteries to the brain that may increase the risk of stroke.
- Carotid artery duplex scan
Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)
Blood clots in the veins that could migrate to the lungs.
- Venous duplex scan of the arms or legs
Chronic Venous Disease
Varicose veins and other disorders that cause leg swelling and leg ulcers.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)
- Duplex scan of the venous valves
Other specialized examinations
- Vein "mapping" for peripheral vascular or coronary bypass
- Arm artery "mapping" for coronary bypass