Noninvasive testing, as the name implies, allows patients to be examined using Doppler ultrasound techniques free of the risks and discomforts of injections and/or other invasive maneuvers. These tests allow diagnosis of known or suspected vascular disorders and testing can often determine the severity of the problems and its need for treatment. A full range of noninvasive tests is available at our Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory including tests for:
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Blockages in the circulation to the arms or legs due to atherosclerosis or other diseases, which may threaten the limbs.
- Doppler arterial exams of the legs or arms (Physiologic testing)
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the extremity arteries
Blockages in the arteries to the brain that may increase the risk of stroke.
- Carotid artery duplex scan
Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)
Blood clots in the veins that could migrate to the lungs.
- Venous duplex scan of the arms or legs
Chronic Venous Disease
Varicose veins and other disorders that cause leg swelling and leg ulcers.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)
- Duplex scan of the venous valves
Other specialized examinations
- Vein “mapping” for peripheral vascular or coronary bypass
- Arm artery “mapping” for coronary bypass